Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bought a domain name and hosting at USD$50.70

I registered a domain name http://sgstockscreener.com some days back after deciding that I was perhaps ready to try building a site using my very own domain name. I just wanted to try it out for the heck of it and just to learn the intricate details of buying a domain name and using Wordpress to set it up.

What I learnt was that it was relatively easy to set up a site using godaddy. I registered the domain name and bought a one year hosting plan which added up to the 50 bucks spent. Next I installed wordpress, chose the theme and the site was up and running in less than a day. I was quite amazed at the ease of doing it. Of course, it was't as easy as using a blogger platform but it was still relatively simple even for a computer idiot like me!

So far, the site has managed 10 to 50 hits per day. Not too bad considering that I just started out. I will most probably still need sometime before I recoup my investment but I can say that I am pretty pleased with the results thus far. The versatility of wordpress is also quite impressive and I especially like the fact that I can add pages as well as drop down menus based on the categories that I want. Installing link within widget was also much simpler than I thought.

Now that the site is up and running, all that is left for me to do is populate it with unique and quality content and hopefully the traffic will start to roll in.

1 comment:

ASHA said...

"Hi, I Saw Your Link in Bing.com I Love Your Blogs Kindly See my Link Here a New Alternative Money Making Networkalternative to adbrite here

"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails