Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peter Lim Drives up Viewership to Blog

News about Peter Lim ( a Singaporean billionaire) who made an offer to buy over Liverpool Football Club has caused my adsense earnings to soar over the past 2 days.

It is one of those instances where a previous posting rides the surge in searches for a certain keyword and all of a sudden, you see a tenfold increase in viewership to your site. Of course, the earnings also go up as a result.

This was totally unintentional as I wrote about Peter Lim around a year back. I certainly did not expect him to make the headlines about buying Liverpool FC.

However, there have been instances when I tried to ride the wave of google search trends and blogged about certain topics that were HOT on people's search. That did not last long though as very often, I wasn't passionate about the topic that I was blogging about at all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails