Friday, December 23, 2011

200,000 PageViews Achieved for Blog

I achieved 200,000 pageviews for one of my blogs recently.  You can view it here at sgfinancialfreedom.blogspot.com . It has been an achievement just to cross that mark considering that I started out really just blogging for fun and to document my thoughts down as a web record.

$$$ from Ads
Over the years, I have managed to earn money from Adsense as well as selling adspace on my sites even though I must admit that I have not been very active in doing the latter.  Usually, I am approached by people who are advertisers.

No Time to Write Content
Content generation is really an issue.  A big issue.  Even for the blog that I mentioned above, I have not had much time to write.  The number of new posts for the year 2011 was dismal at less than 100 posts.  Other newer blogs have managed a far greater number of quality posts in 1 year compared to the few years that my site has been in existence.I also have to stop allowing guest posts of various content because I find that certain articles written by people hoping to put up a guest post on my site are just not suited for my readers.  So I have had to rely quite a fair bit on my own content which is difficult considering that I do not have much time to write each day.

Still, I must say that I have managed well.  And the adsense earnings are still coming in daily despite my apparent lack of action or activity.

2 comments:

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

Congratulations. Added your blog to the post Blogspot Blogs - Rising Stars

http://blogsmonths.blogspot.com/2012/01/blogspot-blogs-rising-stars.html

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala said...

Congrats! You have really some great stuff for bloggers. Like yours I also have a financial blog http://investorzclub.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails